Friday, June 17, 2011

She's a He...Oppssie!!!

Are you wanting a Chicken? Make sure you know what you are getting.

One of the local places to get hairy legged chicken (Feather Legged Chickens) is in Norge, Oklahoma (Southwest of Chickasha) at the Norge Feed Store. In May I took the short drive to Norge.

When you go to this feed store you almost always are interrupting a very "DEEP" conversation being had by “the men”. One fella will always step away from this, no dough interesting, informative & make me jealous I can’t be in, it conversation. I told him I wanted a hairy legged hen. He reached in a box of 17 or so chicks and pulls one out saying he "thinks" this one is a hen. This hen is orange and golden. I say ok and pay $2.50 for Harrie-It. The kind man puts her in a box and we take her home.
After a few days I hear this strange noise coming from the room we had our chicks in. She is on top of the feeder trying to crow!!!!.... What she's a he.


                                                                                             

I guess she I mean he will be called Harrie now. I really only want Hens...I am sure we are going to have to give him away. 


Looking for a Happy Home for HIM!!!

Ling Ling & Crutch

No comments:

Post a Comment